RULES & REGULATIONS
OXY® CANADA 2022 Social “OXY®Prize” Contest (“Contest”): Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. The Contest Submission deadline will be Friday, September 9, 2022, at 11:59p.m. ET.
- ACCEPTANCE OF RULES: Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other contests. Each Entrant (as defined below) who submits an entry in the Contest, unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of The Mentholatum Company Canada, 45 Hannover Dr Unit #2, St. Catharines, ON L2W 1A3 (the “Sponsor”) on behalf of OXY® Canada, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects. This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by the Sponsor.
- ELIGIBILITY: Participants must be a legal resident of Canada. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, administrator, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, their advertising, and Contest agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. Eligibility is subject to all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. At the start of the Entry Period, the Sponsor will post a Contest-related post (“Contest Post”) on its Social Media Platforms – Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/oxycanada(“@OXYCanada”) and its TikTok Account at https://www.tiktok.com/@oxycanada (“@OXYCanada”).
There is one method to enter into the contest:
Online Form Submission:
Entrants must: (i) visit the shared submission link in OXY® Canada social media account bios (Instagram and TikTok) (ii) complete all personal contact information on form, (iii) complete written submission of up to 750 words outlining the mission, execution and where funds would be used OR the organization’s that they are nominating. The completion of all foregoing criteria during the Entry Period will result in one (1) entry into the Contest.
Limit one (1) entry per Entrant, regardless of entry method.
The terms and conditions for creating and maintaining a Instagram and TikTok account are at the sole discretion of Instagram and TikTok, and can be found on the Instagram or TikTok website. You do not need to be an Instagram or TikTok account holder to be considered for the submission.
In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the TikTok or Instagram profile used for a particular entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an Instagram profile by www.instagram.com or a TikTok profile by www.facebook.com. Potential winners may be required to show valid proof of being an authorized account holder of the Facebook or Instagram profile associated with their potentially winning entry.
Although it is free to enter the Contest, if you opt to access the Contest via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
- ENTRY CRITERIA: An entry may not contain any content: (i) that is unlawful, hateful, offensive or obscene, (ii) which incites, solicits, promotes, or provides information about illegal or criminal activities, (iii) that abuses, threatens, promotes, or instigates physical harm or death to others, or the Entrant themselves, (iv) that promotes and/or contains the addresses of other websites, (v) that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability; (vi) that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other intellectual property right of any party, (vii) that constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, pyramid schemes, the promotion of particular stocks of shares and other financial products and services, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling, (viii) that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; (ix) that impersonates any person or entity, including any of the Sponsor’s employees, dealers, or representatives, (x) that solicits personal information from another user, (xi) that, in any other manner, is deemed by the Sponsor to be inappropriate to the well-being of others, (xii) that communicates and/or exchanges a message of any kind, third party phone numbers, mobile numbers, e-mails or home addresses and any other personal details; (xiii) which is inconsistent with the positive messaging which the Sponsor wishes to communicate; (xiv) disparages any persons or organizations, especially those associated with the Sponsor; or (xv) invades the privacy or other rights of any person, firm, or entity, all of which is to be evaluated by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion (collectively the “Entry Criteria”). The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and entry found: (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (iv) to be in violation of any of the Entry Criteria specified above; or (v) to be engaging in any other offensive conduct that jeopardizes the integrity and/or administration of the Contest, which shall be determined at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- PRIZES: There is one (1) grand prize available to be won in Canada.
The grand prize consists of a $5,000 donation towards the organization or foundation that the winner submitted for. Limit of one (1) Grand Prize for the winning Entrant.
There will also be weekly prizes handed out for honorable mentions at Mentholatum’s discretion to award submissions every Friday during the term of the contest. Each prize include a $200 Gift Card to Staples plus OXY® Cleansing Acne Pad products.
The Sponsor will not be held to award more prizes than as set out in these Official Rules. The chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
Any prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash-surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify any prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason.
- WINNER SELECTION: Weekly winners over the duration of July 25 to September 9, 2022 will be selected by The Mentholatum Company and announced on Fridays for runner up prizes. The Contest finalists winner will be selected and announced during the week of September 19, 2022. The winner from voting will be announced during the week of October 3, 2022. One (1) entry will be selected randomly from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Sponsor. The entry selected will be deemed the potential winner of the Grand Prize.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential prize winner will be notified through direct message on Instagram or TikTok, depending on the platform the selected entry was submitted, within one (1) business day. If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted within one (1) business day of the first attempt to contact (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification), or, if contacted, does not claim their prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Official Rules, the selected Entrant will be disqualified and forfeits their prize, and another Entrant may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries whom a representative of the Sponsor will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to the same qualification as set out in these Official Rules. This process will continue until contact is made with a selected Entrant who meets Contest requirements or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize-winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential Contest winner for any reason. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- PRIZE FOR DISTRIBUTION WEEKLY PRIZES: Once confirmed as a winner (which, for clarity, includes the winning Entrant and the guest the winning Entrant has tagged in their winning entry) will receive their prize pack via a registered mail courier service. Due to current precautions and increased order volume, there are significant delays in shipments throughout Canada. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor or any affiliated companies for any postal mail or delivery return as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor or any affiliated companies for the Prize after it has been shipped. The Sponsor and all affiliated companies make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the prizes. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Failure to redeem a prize (or prize portion) will result in forfeiture of the prize and unused portions of the prize have no cash value. Prize winners are responsible for any applicable taxes related to any prize received. Winner bears all risk of loss or damages to prizes after delivery.
- PRIZE FOR DISTRIBUTION FOR GRAND PRIZE: Once confirmed as a winner (which, for clarity, includes the winning Entrant and the guest the winning Entrant has tagged in their winning entry), a representative of Mentholatum Company will be in touch to retrieve contact information and determine the best method of issue for the $5,000 contribution towards the winning program or initiative.
- WINNER CONDITIONS: To be declared the Grand Prize winner, the selected Entrant must first: (i) have complied with, be in compliance with, and continue to comply with these Official Rules; (ii) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via email within one (1) business day; and (iii) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release form within a specified period of time of one (1) business day. If winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign the Release form. This will only be required for the grand prize winner.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged, late or destroyed entries, typographical or other production errors, or any errors or omissions in printing or advertising related to this Contest. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entries and eligibility to win any prize and that Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, any of the Sponsor’s other promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all entries by that Entrant.
- SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- MODIFICATION/TERMINATION: Subject to applicable law, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without liability, to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, or modify the Official Rules of the Contest at any time without notice, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupts the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In such event, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to select the winners via random drawing from among all eligible entries received up until the time of cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension.
- PRIVACY: The Sponsor is collecting personal data about Entrants for the purpose of administering this Contest. Entrant’s personal information will not be used for any further informational or marketing communications.
- PUBLICITY: By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and its respective designees may use their name, photographs, videos, likeness, city of residence, biographical information, prize information and/or statements about this Contest for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media (now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity without compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law. OXYCanada® has the right to terminate at any time if OXYCanada® deems the winner does not abide by OxyCanada’s mora standards. However, once the winner is named the Face Of Change for OXYCanada® , OXYCanada® can terminate at any time using their likeness at OXYCanada®’s discretion.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and the Contest Entities are not responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases Sponsor and the Contest Entities from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest and (vi) use of any prize.
- DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All Entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason.
- SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram or TikTok. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram or TikTok. Instagram or TikTok are completely released of any and all liability by each Entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or concerns about the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Instagram or TikTok.
The Mentholatum Company. All rights reserved. The use of any prize manufacturer, name, or trademark in connection with any of the prizes is solely for the purpose of describing such prize and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship.